If you are interested in joining The Herb Guild, contact us for more information through our website at www.theherbguild.org or contact the membership chair: Dottie Farrar: 440-842-5863 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please complete the form below and bring to a meeting with a check for your dues of $25.00/year.
The Herb Guild Membership Application
The purpose of The Herb Guild is to further knowledge and an appreciation for herbs, their purposes and uses. Our motto: A trowel in one hand and a book in the other promote learning and working together in pursuit of knowledge. Est. 1978
City and Zip Code____________________________________________________
Emergency Contact Name _________________________Relationship__________
Home phone __________________________Cell phone_____________________
List Interests: _______________________________________________________
What is your prior or anticipated knowledge of herbs? ___________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________
Are you acquainted with any of our present members? If yes, then who?
Member benefits include: furthering your knowledge and understanding of herbs, the Herb Guild monthly newsletter Thyme-Wise, Garden Greetings quarterly publications from the Garden Club of Ohio, discounts at various businesses, educational programs, educational seminars, educational trips, and member’s annual plant exchange. You will be sharing ideas and herbal knowledge with new friends with similar interests.Prospective members may join at any time. You are welcome to attend up to three meetings and programs as our guest before making final application. We look forward to your membership.
After reading the responsibilities of membership listed below, please sign and return with your dues to the membership chair.
Dues: $25.00/year. Checks payable to The Herb Guild by Dec. 31.
The Responsibilities and expectations of membership:
• It will be your responsibility to attend monthly meetings and if you are unable to attend to inform a board member for an excused absence.
*There is no meeting in January. Monthly meetings resume in February.
• Members are welcome to attend the board meetings throughout the year.
• To serve and to share in the expenses and preparation of the hostess committee which provides lunch at the meeting.
• To serve on one of the standing committees for The Herb Guild.
• Support the Community Garden project at Rosehill in Cahoon Park, Bay Village as long as you are physically able.
• Support for our Scholarship Luncheon in August is required of all members. This includes set-up the night before, your work assignment the day of the luncheon, and staying to clean-up after the luncheon. Each member is expected to create a theme basket by themselves or shared with someone for our raffle. We also hold a silent auction, and any help in that venture is appreciated. Members also donate items to be sold at the boutique.
• I have read and agree to the above responsibilities and expectations for membership in the Herb Guild.
Active Membership Dues: $25.00/year. Checks payable to The Herb Guild.