The Herb Guild’s Membership Benefits
• Advancing your knowledge and understanding of herbs.
• Receiving the Herb Guild’s monthly newsletter.
• Acquiring membership in the Garden Club of Ohio.
• Receiving discounts at various businesses.
• Participating in educational programs, seminars, trips, and members’ annual plant exchange.
• Sharing ideas and herbal knowledge with new and old friends with similar interests.
Duties and Responsibilities od Active Membership
• To attend monthly meetings; and if you are unable to attend, to inform the Recording Secretary for an excused absence. The February budget meeting is optional.
• To serve on one of the Herb Guild’s standing committees.
• To serve and to share in the expenses and preparation of the hostess committee which provides lunch at the meetings.
• To support the Community Garden Project at Rose Hill in Cahoon Park, Bay Village – as long as you are physically able.
• To participate in our Scholarship Luncheon in August. This responsibility is mandatory and is requires of all members. This includes setting-up the day before, performing your work assignment the day of the luncheon, and staying to clean-up after the luncheon. Each member is expected to create or share in creating a theme basket for our raffle. We also hold a silent auction in which any help would be appreciated. Members also donate items to be sold at the boutique.
• To welcome all members to attend the board meetings throughout the year.
- Associate Membership is available to someone who is unable to meet the above requirement but want to be associated with The Herb Guild.
- An Associate Member has the benefits of Active Membership but has no voting privileges.
- An Associate Member may attend events or participate in trips for the guest fee.
The Herb Guild is incorporated in the state of Ohio, and is a non-profit, tax exempt organization. Dues are $25 for active members or $35 for associate members. Checks Payable: The Herb Guild.
We are affiliated with the Cleveland Botanical Garden and The Garden Club of Ohio.
If you are interested in joining THG,
contact us for more information through our website at http://www.theherbguild.org
For questions concerning membership please contact the membership chair:
Joyce Hayward, 330-801-7202.